David began his career in public accounting in Memphis, TN, in 1977, working for a large local CPA firm. In 1988 he founded the accounting firm Scott & Pohlman, P.C. After managing and growing the practice for over fifteen years, he sold his ownership share in order to focus on using his knowledge to help individuals and families with their financial planning. After obtaining his FINRA Series 7 and 66 licenses in 2009, he became a Financial Advisor, and in 2010, he earned the Personal Financial Specialist designation from the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants.
In 2012, David and his wife, Lori Reuss Scott, moved to Cuero, TX, where he opened a private financial services firm which is now Scott Financial Services, Inc. Life in Cuero agrees with David, and he is involved in many local civic and charitable organizations, including the following:
- Cuero Development Corporation – Treasurer & Secretary, Board of Directors
- Cuero Lions Club - Member
- Cuero Rotary Club - Member
- First Presbyterian Church - Treasurer and Session Member
He is a member of the following organizations:
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants.
- Personal Financial Planning Division of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants.
David also serves as a "Money Doctor" for the 360 Degrees of Financial Literacy website sponsored by the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants.
During his career, which has now spanned over forty years, David has acquired significant tax and personal financial planning experience, enabling him to provide not only investment and tax planning advice but also retirement, estate, and insurance planning services.